Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tadoku Festival

My wife and I went to “Tadoku” festival at Bunkyo Gakuin Jr. and High school in Bunkyo Ward.


We got lots of (“Ta” 多 means “many”) English books. Of course I chose books I want to read, but we also got books for students to read (“doku” 読 means “read”). Most books are written in simple English with colorful pictures.


Japanese high school students have the English Textbook in the classroom. Whether they like it or not, they study it. School is a place to study and as an English teacher, I need to show my students how to study English.


“Tadoku” is not the way of studying. It is a way of life. If there are lots of books, students can have a chance to enjoy reading.


I am just an ET, so I cannot make a library building. But I can create a library box with various and colorful books.

No comments:

Post a Comment