Friday, May 15, 2015

Active Writing

High school students sitting in the classroom sometimes look lazy, but they must have looked busy at the same place when they took their entrance exam.

Tests make students work. So should I do tests in my classroom more often? I don’t think it goes well. I think almost no students like tests. But I know they want to learn something new.

What is “something new” in learning English? Creating sentences is one of them. It is not so easy for students to write English sentences. My role is to make it fun for them.

High school entrance exam has the English composition. Given a topic, students are required to write 3 English sentences. This year’s topic and model sentences are as follows:
“A good thing about Japan you want to tell foreigners”
I think Japanese food is a good thing about Japan.
It is delicious and good for our health.
I want people from other countries to enjoy it.

I want my students to be more active in my classroom. So I’m thinking of giving a topic and making them write 3 sentences.
I have 3 points in my mind.
・Don’t take too much time.
・Correct and feed back instantly.
・Not being like a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment