Thursday, July 9, 2015

Break Out of Your Shell!

In college, I (Mr. Kojima) took on one challenge after another. I made new friends, got a driver’s license, and ran in a marathon. My life became busier but happier than before. “It’s better to try and fail than not to try at all” became my motto.
I went to New Zealand to study English. At a local elementary school, I wrote my name by holding a pen between my toes. “Unbelievable!” said the students. I was surprised that I could impress others. To me, writing with a foot was completely natural.
I wanted to encourage young people by telling them about my experiences. To be a teacher became my new dream.
Now I am a teacher. I sometimes ask, “What is the opposite of success?” Is it failure? No, it’s “not trying.” If you have a dream, don’t be afraid of failure. Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment