Monday, July 13, 2015

Whales

「大洋ホエールズ」の画像検索結果
One of the memories with my father is watching baseball with him. He was a fan of Yokohama Taiyo Whales. We sometimes went to three stadiums, Yokohama, Jingu and Korakuen in the 1980s.
It is said that Giants vs Tigers is the golden card. But for us it was Giants vs Whales. I remember waiting in a long line around Korakuen in the summer of 1986. I was a junior high student who wanted to be strong.
Whales were not a strong team, so we complained rather than laughed after their games. But I didn’t feel uncomfortable watching Whales with my father.
Why did he shout for players of Whales? Looking back at those times, I think it was the spirit of fighting the powerful and supporting the weak. And Whales have impressive players such as Endo, Tashiro and Ponce. And Giants were powerful.
Times have changed. Where have Whales gone?        

No comments:

Post a Comment