Sunday, June 14, 2015

I prefer paper to digital

I bought a tablet PC last December. At first, I was planning to get a device for reading digital publications exclusively. The shop clerk led me, however, to the model which can be used as a portable PC. The clerk’s word that you can read e-books also made my decision.

Six months have passed. How many digital books have I read so far? The number is far less than I had expected. Around New Year holidays, I downloaded some e-books on my new tablet. I enjoyed new reading experience at first, but gradually, net surfing replaced reading.

Am I not an ardent reader? No, I like reading. I am the one who feel uncomfortable without something to read on the train. I go to work every day with newspaper in my hand. Literally, I hold it in my hand and walk. After I got the tablet, I came to know the comfort of paper again. Even in the rain, I can hold it outside without worrying a breakdown. I can even write something on it.

As for reading books, digital screen makes my eyes dry. Paper books are easy to the eyes and I feel I am reading printed letters not only with my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment