Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What do you want to do this summer?

(As an example of free writing for my students)

I want to go to India. I have never been there, but I’m sure there is something wonderful there. I don’t have so much experience of traveling abroad. I heard even veteran travelers had troubles in India. And this year, a severe heat wave hit the country and lots of local people passed away. So, I’m thinking of changing the plan. If I have a chance, I might go to India this winter.

This summer, I will stay in Japan. I will go to my high school in Tokyo. For work? No, I don’t want to work during summer holidays. (I have to work a lot, of course.) I want to go to the music room at our school. For what? Trumpet practicing!

This April, I became an adviser of Jazz club. A Japanese high school which has a club called “Jazz” is not usual, I think. And I took my trumpet out from the closet in my house. For a long time, my trumpet has been sleeping there.

When I was a university student, I started it. It was difficult for me to make the sound. Listening to Miles Davis and playing the instrument were completely different things. And now, a 43-year-old man has a new challenge. It is music, but it’s also like physical exercise for him.

1 comment:

  1. tring nwe thing is nice but having limitations
    all you have to do is to run and japanese chess
    lol

    ReplyDelete